LAYTON CHRISTIAN ACADEMY CURRENTLY HOLDS THREE ACCREDITATIONS
- Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS), which is a member of the National Council for Private School Accreditation
- Northwest Association of Accredited Schools (NAAS)
- National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA)
ASSOCIATION OF CHRISTIAN TEACHERS AND SCHOOLS (ACTS)
To join with Christian teachers and schools to build Christian leaders for the 21st Century who are empowered by the Holy Spirit. We will seek and promote Christ-centered, Bible-based, Holy Spirit-directed solutions to the education challenges facing our world today.
1. Enlisting every Assemblies of God or Pentecostal/Charismatic Christian teacher and school as active members of our Spirit-filled team.
2. Valuing every Christian educator, family and church ministry, and combining mutually beneficial efforts when possible.
3. Promoting excellence through Christian school and preschool accreditation, ACTS teacher certification, student and educator training conferences and events, and recognition of outstanding achievement in the Christian teacher and school community.
4. Developing, identifying, producing, and promoting quality resources consistent with Pentecostal distinctives for Christian schools, teachers, and students.
5. Expanding state, district, and Pentecostal/Charismatic alliances and affiliate organizations.
6. Working with existing governmental and educational agencies to exert a positive impact in our society and to promote legislation and governmental regulations that are non-intrusive and friendly toward the Spirit-filled community.
7. Anticipating dynamic changes in technology and information communities that will significantly impact Christian education.
8. Providing services to churches and Christian educators as they seek to meet the educational needs of their congregations and communities. This includes matching Christian school ministry positions with Christian personnel.
9. Creating networking opportunities for Christian educators and Christian schools to better meet one another’s needs.
* Member of the National Council for Private School Accreditation
* Member of the Florida Association of Academic Non-Public Schools
* Member of the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
* Member of the Texas Association of Non-Public Schools
* Member of the Oklahoma Private School Accreditation Commission
* Pentecostal/Charismatic Christian Education Alliance
* Virginia Council for Private Education (VCPE)
NORTHWEST ASSOCIATION OF ACCREDITED SCHOOLS (NAAS)
“The mission of the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools is to advance excellence in education through the process of accreditation.” The Northwest Association of Accredited Schools accredits distance education, elementary, foreign nation, high, K-12, middle, post secondary non degree granting, special purpose, supplementary education, travel education, and trans-regional schools. The geographic territory of the Association consists of the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington, and other geographical areas designated from time to time by the Board of Trustees.
COMMISSION ON INTERNATIONAL AND TRANS-REGIONAL ACCREDITATION (CITA)
The Commission of International and Trans-Regional Accreditation (CITA) is the most rapidly growing accrediting agency in the world. It was created in 1996 by five USA regional associations which accredit schools and universities. CITA provides customized accreditation protocols and standards for schools that cross the USA regions and for national and international schools around the world. CITA awards the accreditation. The participating regional commissions manage the accreditation protocol facility. CITA brings together these commissions to promote accreditation and school quality:
* Middle States Commission on Elementary Schools (CES MSA)
* Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCASI)
* Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
* North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA CASI)
* Council on Occupational Education (COE)
* National Council for Private Schools Accreditation (NCPSA)